Monday 30 June 2014

Summer berry pizza

I'm back! No excuses, all you'd hear is bla bla bla. But I am soooo so back with a lot of yummy summer recipes in my pocket! Let's start with an extraordinary pizza.
I always have some restover linzer crust in my freezer, probably because I'm obsessed with pies, and I always use the simplest but best linzer recipe for the crust. The key is 3:2:1, 3 is flour, 2 is butter and 1 is icing sugar. There you go! You also have to add a bit of ice cold water to form a proper ball. Some people add an egg, I do that sometimes, but honestly, I don't really feel the difference. And water is cheaper
It's summer so wherever you live I doubt you don't have berries in your fridge. Or your garden. Or any other fruit like apricots, peaches etc. The linzer crust bakes in 10-15 minutes so you don't have to heat the already-sooo-hot house for hours, you just have to wait until the "pizza crust" gets cool. Yeah, that's probably the hardest part.
I recommend white chocolate for red berries, because they are incredibly great together. But you can skip it or use any other kind of chocolate as well.
Happy baking!


Scroll down for printable version!




Ingredients
Crust
200 g flour
125 g cold butter
60 g icing sugar
1-2 tblsp ice water

Topping
2 dl heavy cream
1 tbsp icing sugar
mixed berries, around 150 g
50 g white chocolate

Method
Cut the cold butter into tiny cubes. Mix the icing sugar with the flour and add the butter. Use your fingertips
to create a crumbly mixture, then add some cold water and form a ball. Try to be as quick as you can so you won't heat up the ingredients with your hand. Cover the ball with cling film and put it in the fridge for half an hour. Preheat the oven for 180 C. Roll the crust ball into a circle, it shouldn't be very thin, around 1-2 cm. Leave it thicker at the edges. Bake it for 10-15 mins. Let cool completely. Grate the chocolate and chop the berries. Beat the heavy cream and add the sugar at half way. Place the heavy cream on the pizza crust, then the berries and sprinkle with chocolate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment